POSITIVELY TALENTED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submit Music for Radio Airplay
These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) form a binding contract between you and[insert full company name, company number and registered office] (“Positivity Radio World”) in relation to the music promotion being operated by Positivity Radio World to promote new music artists and bands (“Positively Talented” or “Us” or “We” or “Our”).
By submitting your music to Positivity Radio World you (“You”, “Your” or the “Artist(s)”) agree to be bound by the Agreement and are granting Us broadcasting and podcasting rights of Your submitted song(s) for free, waiving present and future rights to collection of either broadcast or mechanical royalties. Basically this means You’re giving Us the music to broadcast for free, and understand that there is no promise of payment from Us. However, We strive to repay You in other ways including promotion, airplay, backlinks and more. We aim (but cannot guarantee) to promote Your music, band and brand, and will endeavour to help compensate You by adding links to Our websites, playing music and sharing on social media.
Please read the Agreement below and use the attached form to submit Your tracks.
1. The Artist(s) hereby grants Positivity Radio World a non-exclusive license without charge to use the supplied musical composition, sound recording, material(s) and any performances contained therein (“the Material”) or parts thereof, within Positivity Radio World’s services (including dissemination over the internet and making the Material available for permanent download) throughout the world for the full period of copyright.
2. Positivity Radio World shall not be obliged to make use of any Material and shall not be liable for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation or otherwise.
3. No Material will be returned. It is therefore advisable for all the Artist(s) to retain a copy.
4. The Artist(s) must submit only their own original work and warrant that the grant of this licence will not infringe the copyright or any other rights whatsoever of any third party.
5. The Artist(s) must be the sole author(s) of the Material. The individual submitting the Material hereby warrants that they have obtained and can give all necessary consents and permissions on behalf of all persons or entities contributing to the Material by their writing, composing, musical performance, recording, producing or otherwise (or the consent and permission of the parent/guardian of those persons are under sixteen (16) years old) and are authorised by any such persons or entities to make the Material and to grant the rights set out in the Agreement.
6. The Artist(s) will indemnify and keep Positivity Radio World indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by Positivity Radio arising out of any breach of the warranties hereby given.
7. The Artist(s) permit Positivity Radio World to edit or change the Material in any way that Positivity Radio World may in its sole discretion consider necessary for the purposes of use in Positivity Radio services.
8. The Artist(s) by supplying the Material and entering into the Agreement hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in perpetuity any so called “moral rights” in respect of the Material and grant any consents required under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any uses by Positivity Radio World or by parties acting with the authority of Positivity Radio World.
9. Acceptance of the Agreement is a condition of entry of the Material, and receipt of Material amounts to acceptance of the terms and conditions.
10. Material is made at an Artist(s) own expense and Positivity Radio World shall not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in the making of the Material.
11. The Material must not contain any defamatory or obscene or offensive material.
12. The Artist(s) shall not be entitled to give Positivity Radio World written notice to remove or stop using the Material or to bring the license granted in clause 1 above to an end.
13. The Artist(s) must not and may not enter into the Agreement if signed to a major record label (which shall for these purposes mean any label belonging to any of the larger record companies including but not limited to : EMI, SonyBMG, Warner, Universal and all affiliates).
14. The Artist(s) submitting the Material hereby confirms that they are not under the age of sixteen (16) years old.
15. The Artist(s) and any individual submitting the Material hereby confirms that Positivity Radio World may mention and/or display their name with the Material and acknowledges that this shall be entirely at Positivity Radio World’s editorial discretion.
16. The Artist(s) will promote the Positively Talented radio station across their social networks and online and place a link to the Positively Talented radio station and the Positively Talented radio station logo on their website.
17. The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales.